Should we say that music for a wedding is essential? It’s a given. Music is not only for dancing. It’s for the coolest atmosphere and vivid memories. Modern music plus timeless classics — that’s the recipe for a perfect wedding playlist.
We have gathered the best songs to play at a wedding. Please, feel free to get inspired.
Best wedding dance songs
We gathered the tracks that can rock all the guests. The result is a truly universal playlist. You will dance till you drop.
Click on and have fun — these are the best wedding songs to dance to at the wedding party:
“I want no other, no other lover, This is our life, our time, If we are together, I need you forever. Is it love?”
“Lose control, of body and soul, Don't move too fast, people, just take it slow, Don't get ahead, just jump into it.” This is an ideal song for every party.
“Cause when you get up I couldn't ignite it, You're the one I want beside tonight. Turn up the lights, I just wanna see you dancing…”
“You've been scared of love and what it did to you, You don't have to run, I know what you've been through. Just a simple touch and it can set you free, We don't have to rush when you're alone with me”
“We found love in a hopeless place”, Rihanna sings. It’s an ideal song for a wedding.
“Oh, as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive, I've got all my life to live, And I've got all my love to give and I'll survive...”
“I love rock n' roll So put another dime in the jukebox, baby, I love rock n' roll So come an' take your time an' dance with me” — electric song.
“I can't feel my face when I'm with you, but I love it, but I love it”
“Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars, I'm gonna give you my heart, ‘Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars, ‘Cause you light up the path”
“Nothin' I can see but you when you dance, dance, dance. Feel a good, good creepin' up on you So just dance, dance, dance, come on.”
Best wedding first dance songs
The song for the wedding dance of the bride and groom is a completely different story. It is slow, gentle, and at the same time, declaring a strong deep feeling of love for each other. Agreed?
We have a playlist of the best wedding songs to help you find the perfect song for your first dance as spouses.
“I wanna know your dreams and make them mine, I wanna change the world only for you, All the impossible i wanna do.”
- Can't Help Falling In Love — Elvis Presley
- All of me — John Legend
- Shallow — Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper
- Perfect — Ed Sheeran
- Thinking out loud — Ed Sheeran (Ed is ideal for any wedding)
- Nothing Arrived — Villagers
- Can you feel the love tonight — Elton John
- Every little thing you do — Westlife
- La vie en rose — Louis Armstrong
Best wedding processional songs
The moment when a bride enters the ceremony spot and is heading to her future husband is very tense, festive, and most solemn and even sacred. The song that is playing at this moment is crucial as it’s it that creates this atmosphere of solemnity.
We have gathered the 10 most beautiful songs for your procession.
When walking in:
- The Prayer — Andrea Bocelli, Céline Dion, David Foster, New York Philharmonic Orchestra, Alan Gilbert
“La luce che tu hai (I pray you'll be my light), Nel cuore resterà (And watch us where we go), A ricordarci che (And help us to be wise), Eterna stella sei, Nella mia preghiera (Let this be our prayer)
Quanta fede c'è (When we lose our way)”
- The Portrait – James Horner (from Titanic)
- Christina Perri – A Thousand Years (use minus)
- Craig Armstrong – Glasgow Love Theme
- Des'ree – I'm Kissing You
The walk-in melody is more slow, touching, and tear-jerking. It correlates with a little tense atmosphere: the parents are going to entrust other people with their babies, fiance and fiancee are going to say goodbye to an unmarried free life.
When walking out:
“Do me right, do me right, my lonesome dove, Tell me one more time what is this thing called love”
- Stevie Wonder – Signed Sealed Delivered (I'm Yours)
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody
- All You Need Is Love – The Beatles
- Bruno Mars – Marry You
What should have happened already happened, now it’s time for fun. The best wedding songs for ending the ceremony should be vivid, full of life and fun.
Best wedding slow dance songs
A wedding party is not only about rocking out altogether. It is also a time of love and even intimacy.
That is why slow dance songs are a must to play at the wedding party. So, we collected 10 coolest songs to dance slowly:
“ You're a perfect work of art, I knew right from the start, Ow I was never sure Of a God before, But I know he must exist, He created this”
- Did You Really Say No — Oren Lavie
- Falling in Love (Klahr Retouch) — Klahr
- Nothing Compares 2 U — Sinead O'Connor
- Princes — Oscar and the Wolf
- My Life Is Going On (From “La casa de Papel”) — Cecilia Krull
- Riptide — Vance Joy
- Birds — Coldplay
- Someone Like You — Adele
- It Must Have Been Love — Roxette, Humberto Gattica
Best songs to sing at a wedding
Some people love this idea, others are too shy to do that, but still, singing at the wedding party is a great way for guests to congratulate a couple or for a couple to say thank you to all the guests for coming. These are the dozen of greatest songs so sing at the wedding:
“Look into your heart and you'll find the sky is yours So please don't please don't please don't, There's no need to complicate ‘Cause our time is short. This, oh this, this is our fate, I'm yours”
- Young And Beautiful — Lana Del Rey
- I Belong To You — Lenny Kravitz
- Wicked Game — Chris Isaak
- Maps — Maroon 5
- Mirrors — Justin Timberlake
- I Just Called To Say I Love You — Stevie Wonder
- Lovefool — The Cardigans
- Woman In Love — Barbra Streisand
- I Will Always Love You — Whitney Houston (if you are a pro at singing)
What are the best new wedding songs in 2020: Bonus selection
All the songs listed above have already become hits. What about the newest songs about love which are also worth playing, singing and dancing to? Let’s see what are the best wedding songs this year.
- Live Out Your Love – Kem, Toni Braxton
- 10,000 Hours (with Justin Bieber) – Dan + Shay
- Adore You – Harry Styles
- Birds – Imagine Dragons (feat. Elisa)
- Love Song – Lana Del Rey
- Conversations in the Dark – John Legend
- I Choose – Alessia Cara
- I've Made Up My Mind to Give Myself to You – Bob Dylan
- So in Love With You – Jonny Houlihan
- Finally // beautiful stranger – Halsey
Basic principles of creating a playlist of best wedding songs
It is very difficult to please all guests, because your friends, parents, and older guests are present at the wedding. Wedding music should be suitable for different ages and should be placed in one playlist. The task is certainly difficult, but quite solvable. Here are some top tips for making a wedding playlist:
- Alternate slow songs with fast ones, foreign ones with ones in your native.
- Do not forget about the main modern hits that are known to everyone.
- Keep an eye on your guests' mood, and don't let them get tired.
- Choose songs for special moments at your wedding such as taking off the veil or the first dance — your inspiration is listed above.
How do you choose the first dance and best mother son wedding songs?
Usually, the choice of these two compositions is the most difficult for newlyweds. Since they are literally sacred events, the compositions accompanying these moments should come from your soul's depths and fully correspond to your mood.
We offer you several ways to choose the right song:
- Discuss this issue with your father and fiance; maybe they already have the perfect song.
- Listen to ready-made playlists on the Internet.
- Recollect your favorite performers. Maybe you will find the perfect song among their works.
- Ask for advice on wedding forums.
How do you find a compromise?
We already wrote earlier how difficult it is to find a compromise when choosing music for a wedding. We all have different preferences: someone loves rock, someone loves classics. People of different ages listen to completely different music. So is there a way to satisfy everyone without forgetting about personal preference and the concept of the wedding?
Of course, you will not find a universal and only correct answer. However, given our recommendations, you can create your own sweet spot.
- Consider the ages of the oldest and youngest guest, and select a few songs from their generations.
- Provide your guests with pleasant background music to keep them entertained during the meal.
- Choose universal songs that almost everyone likes, and there are such songs, believe me.
- Try to choose the most famous songs from different musical styles.
Chasing the taste of guests and trying to please everyone is not worth it. First of all, the wedding is your celebration. Therefore, you must be mindful of your personal preferences. Often, guests are asked to put on a favorite song. And here it is the presenter's task to understand, assess whether such a composition is suitable, whether it does not violate the overall picture. In general, the microphone should be in the good hands of the host or DJ!
We hope this selection of the best songs to play at a wedding will help you make this special day fabulous.